20-minute meal: Zucchini, cauli risotto with Parmesan and orange zest
Zucchini, cauli risotto with Parmesan and orange zest
400g cauliflower, florets
300g zucchini, finely slice
6g sage (half sliced/half whole)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
80ml white wine
½ orange, zest and juice
60g Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor and blitz until it’s the consistency of rice. Set aside.
- Spread the zucchini on a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil, salt pepper and sliced sage leaves. Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes, until soft and caramelised.
- Heat some butter in a pan and add your whole sage – fry until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place that same saucepan onto low-medium heat. Add your garlic and gently fry for 1 minute. At this stage add your white wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Add your cream, orange zest and stir in your cauli rice. Simmer for about 8 minutes. Stir occasionally and if it starts to thicken too much, add a dash of water.
- In the last minute, stir in half your grated Parmesan and season.
- Take of the heat and plate, top with your remaining Parmesan, roast veg and crispy sage leaves. You can add a squeeze of fresh orange to boost the flavour.