20-minute meal: Grilled chicken with cauli and leek mash and crispy kale
Chicken on Cauli and leek mash with crispy greens
400g cauliflower, florets and stems, roughly chopped
4g dill, roughly chopped
4 leeks, trimmed, cleaned and roughly sliced
salt and pepper
120g kale, roughly sliced
240g broccoli florets, halved
25g ginger, peeled and grated
½ lemon, juice and zest
2 chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade and prep your ingredients as listed.
- Place cauliflower and leek on a greased or tinfoil-lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, chopped dill, salt and pepper, and toss together. Place in the oven for about 15-17 minutes until cooked.
- Remove from the oven and place in a bowl along with a generous knob of butter. Blend with a stick blender until smooth (this can also be done in a normal blender). Season further with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place a pan over a low-medium heat along with a generous drizzle of olive oil. When hot, add the kale and broccoli. Toss through and sauté for 3 minutes, before adding ginger and lemon juice and zest for the final minute. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Rub chicken in a drizzle of cooking oil and salt and pepper. Place a pan over a medium heat. When hot, cook your chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until golden on the outside and cooked through on the inside. Slice open to check, before allowing it to rest for 1 to 2 minutes. Slice it up after resting.
- Plate your hot cauli and leek mash alongside your crispy greens. Top with your chicken and serve.