20-minute meal: Crispy chicken with glazed butternut and sesame greens
Crispy chicken with glazed butternut and sesame greens
2 Chicken breasts, with skin
12g Oregano, leaves picked
200g Broccoli, florets chopped
20ml Sesame seeds
20ml Sesame oil
Olive oil and cooking oil
Salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 200 degrees. Prep ingredients as listed.
- De-seed and small cube the butternut, leaving the skin on.
- Heat honey in the microwave for a few seconds, or until runny.
- On a greased or tinfoil-lined baking tray, place the butternut and two thirds of the oregano. Season well and pour over the honey and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss together to combine and place in the oven to cook until golden and soft, about 20-30 minutes.
- In a dry pan, over a medium heat, toast sesame seeds until golden, shifting in the pan for even colouring (about 3-4 minutes). Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In same pan, back over a medium heat, add a splash of cooking oil. Season chicken breasts well. When hot, place the chicken breasts in the pan, skin side down for 4 minutes until golden. Turn and repeat on the other side for 2 minutes.
- Place the chicken breasts on tinfoil. In a bowl, mix together a knob of butter with the remains of the oregano. Gently press butter and oregano combination evenly under the chicken skin. Place the chicken into the oven alongside the butternut. Cook until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes depending on the thickness. Slice open to check. When complete, allow the chicken to rest for one minute before slicing.
- In the meantime, return that pan over a low-medium heat (wiped down if necessary). Add a knob of butter and when melted, add broccoli. Sauté until just cooked, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sesame oil and sesame seeds and heat through. Season to taste.