20-minute meal: Chicken ramen
Japanese chicken ramen
1l chicken stock
1 garlic clove, crushed
60ml soy sauce
4ml sesame oil
2ml Worcestershire sauce
2ml Chinese five spice
½ chili red, deseeded and finely chopped
20g ginger, peeled and grated
2 chicken breasts
20ml sesame seeds
2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Prep your ingredients as listed.
- Dilute your stock as suggested.
- Dry fry your sesame seeds in a pan over low-medium heat until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Slice and fry the chicken breast in a pan over medium heat with half of the crushed garlic and a drizzle of cooking oil until cooked through and golden. Put into a bowl and reserve.
- Place a small saucepan of water on to boil and cook the eggs for 8 minutes. Remove from the water, peel and halve.
- Ribbon your zucchini using a peeler and slice up into noodles.
- In a saucepan, place the chicken stock, the remaining half of the garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil, grated ginger, five spice, honey and red chili (to your heat preference) together and bring to boil.
- Turn off the heat and place the courgette noodles into the hot stock. Let sit for 1 minute. Season the ramen to taste.
- Place the noodles in a soup bowl, top with your chicken, pour over the soup and lastly top with the boiled egg, sliced spring onion, sesame and additional chili (to taste).