Vietnamese pork larb with dipping sauce and greens
400g pork mince
35ml fish sauce
2 spring onions, finely sliced
80g radish, finely sliced
8g basil, leaves sliced
100g lettuce, separated into leaves/cups
120g pak choi, finely sliced
10g ground almond
40ml sesame oil
8g coriander, roughly chopped
½ chili, de-seeded and finely chopped
40ml water (from your tap)
5ml sugar/xylitol (from your pantry)
Cooking oil (from your pantry)
Salt and pepper (from your pantry)
- Heat a pan to high heat with a dash of cooking oil and only when very hot, add the mince. Move it around rapidly with a spatula or fork to separate the mince to avoid it from forming lumps (about 6-10 minutes).
- Add pak choi and cook until wilted, about 2-4 minutes. Once cooked, place these ingredients in a bowl.
- Add fish sauce and fresh lemon juice (reserving ½ for dipping sauce).
- Add radish, spring onion, basil and ground almond. Mix well and season to taste. Set aside until serving.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the Vietnamese dipping sauce until the sugar/xylitol has dissolved. Add enough chili to your heat preference. Add your reserved lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the pork larb into the lettuce cups, drizzle over dipping sauce and wrap them up.